Mental Health and Addiction
Mississauga Halton LHIN’s mental health and addiction strategies are informed and aligned with the provincial government’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy: Open Minds, Healthy Minds which outlines a 10-year plan to transform mental health and addictions services in Ontario.
Many people struggle with substance use and achieving and sustaining optimal mental health.
- 1 in 5 people in Ontario will experience a mental health problem during their lifetime
- 1 in 8 Canadians will have a mental health condition serious enough to receive hospital care (CMHA Ontario)
- 1 in 7 Canadians aged 15 and over has alcohol-related problems
- 1 in 20 Canadians have cannabis-related concerns; some have problems with cocaine, speed (amphetamines, such as methamphetamine), ecstasy (and other hallucinogens), heroin and other illegal drugs; and some have problems with inhalants or with prescription medications
- Some Canadians have problems with gambling, and gaming
- 1 out of 8 deaths among young adults aged 25 to 34 in Ontario is related to opioids (Source: Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES))
Those looking for mental health and/or addiction services in Mississauga Halton LHIN should contact ConnexOntario. ConnexOntario offers province-wide information and referral to services 24/7:
Working together to build trust, support recovery and change lives.
Strengthening and integrating peer support into our local mental health and addiction system.