Personal Protective Equipment Supply Information for Ontario Health (Central) Community Providers
A local Regional Supply Chain Team has been assembled, consisting of representatives from each of the Central, Central West, Mississauga Halton and North Simcoe Muskoka LHINs. This team, which spans the Ontario Health – Central Region, is available to assist with questions and inquiries related to the best practice and use of personal protective equipment (PPE), and access to supplies when required.
All health care organizations must contribute to successful management of the constrained levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) available across the province. This can be achieved by:
Appropriate use and conservation of PPE
Working with own suppliers
Engaging other local system partners
|Follow best practice for PPE use and conservation set by:
Ontario Health (OH)
Ontario Health Central Region
||Negotiate earliest availability and quantity
||Parent companies and other
community partners such as:
Family Health Teams
Home & Community Care
Long-Term Care facilities
↓ ↓ ↓
Send inquiry to
Local Regional Supply Chain Team
Send request for critical PPE supplies
|Obtain information and assistance from the Ontario Health-Central Region PPE Team
||Submit request through the new online PPE Intake Form (This form’s functionality is best when opened in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.)
Local Regional Supply Chain Team
Assists with PPE inquiries and facilitates requests for PPE supplies. Will escalate for urgent action if necessary
Send an email to: OHCentralPPEInquiries@lhins.on.ca. This is monitored from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 7 days a week.
The Team is available to support questions or inquiries regarding:
- Clarification around best practices for the use of PPE supplies in your environment
- Request for alternate supplier suggestions that may be available
A new online personal protective equipment intake form is now available. The form will streamline the process for requesting, managing and escalating critical PPE requests.
Steps to Using the Online PPE Intake Form for Critical PPE needs:
- If you are a Health Service Provider in the Central Region, please ensure all critical PPE requests are submitted using the Online PPE Intake Form.
Note:This form’s functionality is best when opened in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Submission of correct and complete information is vital in the review of your PPE needs request. Where specified in the online form, please add additional pertinent information to help the teams better understand context around your request.
- After submitting a request, you will receive a ticket from Ontario Health sent to the email provided. A member of the Regional COVID-19 Supplies and Equipment team will respond within 1 business day.
Important: Please keep the referenced ticket incident number for your records, and include it in any additional correspondence with your Regional Supply Chain Leads
Central Region has established a PPE and Critical Supplies Table. The focus of this cross-sectoral table is to gather, manage and equitably distribute PPE and critical supplies to in-scope sectors within the region. The scope and membership of the table is anticipated to expand as supply chain flows increase. More information is available in the Terms of Reference including current membership.
For the current Central Region PPE situation overview, click here.
PPE Donations Required:
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks
- Protective gowns
- Eye protection (goggles or face shields)
- Gloves – nitrile or vinyl
- Hand sanitizer – alcohol-based
- Inquire regarding any other PPE
Criteria for Donated Products
- Preference is for sealed, unopened products that has not expired
- Opened boxes of masks will be accepted
- Homemade PPE cannot be accepted
How to Donate
📧 Send an email to: OHCentralPPEdonations@lhins.on.ca
We will reply to your messages Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (excluding holidays).
Include the following information in your message:
- Product code and description
- Identify if boxes are open or sealed and the expiry date
- Contact name, email and phone number
How Your Donations Help
Your donations will be distributed to front-line workers in your area that are the most in need based on their current inventory, as well as the risk in their environment according to provincial guidelines for PPE usage.
If you have a large or corporate donation, visit the Ontario Together donations web site.
Through regular bulletins, the Ontario Health Central PPE and Critical Supplies Table is committed to keeping its health system partners informed of key updates on the use and conservation of personal protective equipment (PPE) and regional PPE order and allocation processes. These bulletins also share information on past and upcoming virtual events, as well as PPE resources: